Its been awhile but I’m back. Happy New Year! I feel like January was just an extension of 2018, so the new year is really kicking off in February!
There are lots of new releases coming in 2019. Here are some of the ones I am most looking forward to (in no particular order):
- Lady Smoke by Laura Sebastian (February 5)
- Ruin of Kings by Jenn Lyons (February 5)
- Tiamat’s Wrath by James S.A. Corey ( March 26)
- Empire of Grass by Tad Williams (May 7)
- Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi (June 4)
- Age of Legend by Michael J. Sullivan (July 9)
- Winds of Winter by George R. R. Martin (??) Yes, I know this is unlikely, but it always goes on the list. 🙂
There are some other books that I’d like to read this year. Here are few that I didn’t get to last year, or when they were first released, but I’d like to add to my list for 2019. Again, in no particular order:
- Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jessamyn Ward
- Washington Black by Esi Edugyan
- City of Bones by Martha Wells
I finished A Time of Dread by John Gwynne a few days ago. This is a trilogy that takes place about 100 years after events at the end of The Faithful and the Fallen Series. It took me a little bit to remember the events and characters of Faithful and the Fallen, but once I re-oriented myself, I found myself deeply emerged in the world all over again. The characters from the first series are long dead of course, but we do get glimpses of what happened to them, and how those events have shaped the world today. Definitely recommend it . Lilypad Rating:
I am currently reading King of Ashes by Raymond E. Feist. It has been a long time since I’ve read anything from Mr. Feist. I happened to see this on an Amazon recommendation list, and I was excited to dive back into his works. I am enjoying it so far. The world building is almost too detailed. That is quite a bit of info dumping in these early chapters, but I’m invested enough at this early stage to keep going.
What’s on your list for 2019?